About Auckland IEEE WIE
The Auckland IEEE Women in Engineering student affinity group was formed in March 2006 under the IEEE NZ North section. This group is a part of the IEEE Women in Engineering organisation. The aim of this organization is to increase membership by further involvement with IEEE while providing opportunities for professional development and networking at a local level. Events organized by the group include guest speakers, seminars and field trips.
The goals of the Auckland WIE student group in accordance with the IEEE WIE organization are:
- To promote the professional and social development for the women in engineering by organizing events
- To increase the participation of women within IEEE
- To encourage and provide assistance in the formation of other WIE student groups.
WIE Scopes of Interest
Scope 1: Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into and retention of women in engineering programs.
Scope 2: Promote IEEE membership and retention of IEEE women members.
Scope 3: Enhance the career advancement of women in the profession.
Any IEEE student member can be a part of WIE.
WIE student membership is free for all IEEE members.
Start a WIE Student Affinity group in your Area!
The IEEE WIE Auckland student branch would like to hear about WIE activities in your area. Contact us and we would love to discuss and assist the initiation and formation of a WIE affinity student group in your area. Why wouldn’t you when it gives you some great opportunities such as:
- Networking – it’s a great opportunity to meet some great people!
- Share and discuss your technical knowledge
- Enhance your communication and organizational skills
- Giving back to the community and society.